My favourite thing to do is drink tea.
It gives me a reassuring sense of peace and lightness. It’s warmth holds me. It’s scent calms me. It’s medicine heals me.
And clearly I’m not the only one who has a love affair with tea, as I’ve found a few beautiful, funny and heart warming quotes that bring a smile to my face and fills my heart with laughter and love.
From my heart to yours – enjoy!
1. Tea is liquid wisdom. – Anonymous
2. You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. – C. S. Lewis
3. Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors. – Alice Walker
4. As much as you can eat healthy, it’s also important to remember to drink healthy too. Tea is very healing. – Kristin Chenoweth
5. There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. – Henry James
6. Tea, though ridiculed by those who are naturally coarse in their nervous sensibilities will always be the favorite beverage of the intellectual. – Thomas de Quincey
7. I would rather have a cup of tea than sex. – Boy George
8. There are those who love to get dirty and fix things. They drink coffee at dawn, beer after work. And those who stay clean, just appreciate things. At breakfast they have milk and juice at night. There are those who do both, they drink tea. – Gary Snyder
9. Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things. – Chaim Potok
10. I can drink tea until the cows come home and I love the atmosphere in tea-shops. – Zola Budd
11. Where there’s tea, there’s hope. – Arthur Wing Pinero
12. Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly. That is all you need to know. – Sen Rikyu
13. There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. – Catherine Douzel
15. If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty. – Japanese Proverb
16. All true tea lovers not only like their tea strong, but like it a little stronger with each year that passes. – George Orwell
17. A cup of tea would restore my normality. – Douglas Adams
18. Surely a pretty woman never looks prettier than when making tea. – Mary Elizabeth Braddon
19. There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life. – Lin Yutang
20. I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. – Lu T’ung